We seek to ask several questions:
- What new problems could be solved with a $20 robot?
- Wow can we facilitate mass-customization of robots through new digital fabrication techniques?
To solve those problems we have outfitted our lab with (and have access to) a variety of tools which can help produce low-cost, yet highly functional robots.
- Shapeoko 3
- Vinyl Cutter
- CO2/Fiber Laser Cutter (arriving Fall 2016)
- 24” Roll Laminator
- T-shirt Press()
- Impulse Sealer(for sealing fabric, setting adhesives)
- Small craft irons for small jobs
- Makergear M2
- Objet Connex 350*
- Many other (FDM)3D Printers*
- Shape Deposition Manufacturing capabilities(arriving winter 2016)
*available in the Startup Lab